OK, I know this looks bad, but I actually like this song. It’s from the Freaknik: The Musical soundtrack and it’s about saving strippers, but it has One Chance on it and I love them. It’s kinda “old” T-Pain, too, so that got points. Don’t judge me.
1. My Family - They annoy me — a lot — but they’re still my family and at the end of the day the good days outshine the bad. I love everyone in my family, of course, but my mother is and has always been my best friend in the entire world. I love her and would do anything for her.
2. My Laptop MacBook - I’ve been in love with MacBooks since I got my first one in 2006 as a graduation/birthday gift. After a tragic accident and old age I had to retire my first and bought a new MacBook Pro for myself as a Christmas present. I love this thing.
3. My BlackBerry - Though I’ve recently considered switching to Verizon and getting an iPhone, my BlackBerry is one of those things that is always with me. Social media, email, text, BBM and calendar notifications get to be a bit much at times but it keeps me on track and always in touch. (Some days I do walk away from it, though, for peace.)
4. Music - Easily one of my top loves. Music speaks, even without words, and I’m completely enamored with it for that very reason. I’m not an open person and absolutely hate expressing my emotions, but I appreciate that there’s always a song to describe how I’m feeling when I can’t even figure it out for myself. Music sets and changes moods, provides a soundtrack to life and is just all-around good. Appreciated.
5. My Friends - Again, I’m not an open person. However, there is a certain group of individuals who are genuinely great people and I’m glad to say I can call them friends. I like to keep my circle small and close, and I’m happy with who’s in now. The male : female ratio is a bit off, but I love my guys like brothers and my girls — the few that do exist — like sisters.
6. Jewelry - I HATE when I’m already halfway to work or school and I look into the rearview or side mirror and realize I’m not wearing earrings, I forgot my rings or I should have worn a necklace.
7. My iPod - It goes back to that music thing. I’m taking it with me.
8. Money - I hate to say it, but I’m being honest. I love going out with friends and spending money just because. I like being able to buy things and go places. I hate not being able to provide for myself or, if necessary, for my family and friends. My mother has always been a spender, while my father is a serious saver, but none of us got that part of him. We all just like spending. Guilty pleasure, I guess.
9. My Ever-Growing Relationship with God - I’m still figuring out my “walk” and learning about myself and my relationship with God. My sister and I look at religion a bit differently from my mother, as she pointed out in a random and awkward conversation during a commute last week. Nonetheless, I do identify myself as a Christian woman. I’m just still growing and learning.
DAY 1 | Ten Things You Wanted/Want To Be When You’re Older
Umm…I’m just going to compile this is in no particular order, just as they come to mind (is that a particular order?). Some are very recent and some go way back.
(I don’t believe I really said #5, but my mother says I did, so I put it anyway.)
A College Graduate - The idea of graduating and being out in the real world (for real this time, not the “real world” they said we’d be in after high school) scares me a little. Nonetheless, I know I’ll be ecstatic to walk across the stage and to see the looks on my family’s faces.
A Publicist - My DREAM job! I’m going to be a HUGE publicist one day. Speaking it into existence…
A [Successful] Business Owner - I have a ton of ideas that I want to make a reality and once I sit down and actually make a plan I have no worries about being successful.
A Lawyer - Before my goal of being a publicist I wanted to be an entertainment lawyer, but I found so much more joy in public relations instead.
A Clown - There’s this story about a Halloween costume and an alleged epiphany…I just don’t bring it up.
A Journalist - …and then I realized there are things I absolutely refuse to do to get a story.
A Hotel/Restaurant Owner - My Dad actually helped me come up with a name and everything. When I was in high school I used to do floor plans and look at interior design sites.
A Graphic Designer - More recent. I’m a graphic designer at UMD and LOVE my job. I used to do logos, albums covers and promo material but put that to the side to focus more on other writing-based public relations techniques. I still do some design work on the side, but only for a very small group of people.
A Computer Science Major… - A long time ago and a long story. Nerdville. I changed my major after two semesters…Java and Calculus kicked my butt. :(
A Good Person - I want to be a good friend, daughter, sister, team member and eventually a good wife and mother. I care about the people around me and love making them happy and doing whatever I can to make sure they’re OK. It’s a blessing and a curse, but I absolutely love putting smiles on people’s faces. (Does this maybe explain the alleged clown aspiration?)
I’ve been feeling the need to write something in efforts to add some sort of identity to my blog. Also, to actually write something on my blog and not just fill it with pictures and videos. It’s just not the same. Thus, I’ve scoured Tumblr challenge lists/sites and found one that fits perfectly! It is appropriately titled: Random 10 Day* Challenge.
*I only chose 10 days because I know I won’t stick to 30. It’s a process.